Harford (Old Brick Baptist) Church Harford County Maryland Records and Members (1742-1974), Tombstones, Burials (1775-2009) and Family Relationships by Henry C. Peden Jr.
Once again, Mr. Peden has compiled a book of information on Harford County residents that is not likely to be found elsewhere.
Harford, or Old Brick Baptist, Church is located in Harford County, Maryland, approximately midway between Jarrettsville and Upper Cross Roads on Baldwin Mill Road (Route 136) near Putnam Road. At the time of its establishment the church was in Baltimore County, the part that later became Harford County in 1773. The building itself was constructed circa 1755, but tradition states there was a Baptist congregation in this area as early as 1732. Although this date is posted on the sign at the entrance to the church property, it cannot be documented because church books prior to 1803 are not extant.
Mr. Peden collected information from a variety of sources including church books from 1803 to 1974, tombstone inscriptions from 1775 to 2009, burials and obituaries from The Aegis, Harford Democrat, Havre de Grace Republican and Baltimore Sun, marriage records, military records and family histories. All sources are cited within the text. Names of members, families, friends and supporters of the church have been arranged alphabetically and cross-referenced by surname, therefore precluding the need for a separate index.
2017, 218 pp., 8 1/2 x 11, paperback