Alexandria

Books and CDs pertaining to Alexandria.  Alexandria County was part of the original 100-mile square created as the District of Columbia in 1791. The portion of the District created from territory ceded by Virginia in Fairfax County was termed Alexandria County of the District of Columbia. It included all of the present Arlington County, Virginia, plus part of what is now the independent city of Alexandria, Virginia. The area was returned to Virginia on July 9, 1846. From 1846 to 1920, the county was known as Alexandria County, Virginia.

In 1920, the name Arlington County was adopted. The Town of Potomac was incorporated as a town in Alexandria County in 1908. The town was annexed by the independent city of Alexandria in 1930.

Showing 1–15 of 24 results